Qualifying Residents Associations

On residential sites, it is possible for residents to form a “Qualifying Residents Association”, which has a recognised status and must be consulted by the site operator if there are to be proposed changes to the site, such as improvements or the way that it is operated.

The Department for Communities and Local Government has produced a useful factsheet that can be dowloaded and gives an outline of the “QRA” rights and eligibility to be considered as an association. Please click on the image of the document to access it.

We can assist in the formation of Associations or provide advice to those that have already been established. For more details, please contact us.

If you are looking to establish a QRA, there is some useful information on the IPHAS website, including a model constitution and letters to the site owner.

Whilst we act for some park owners, we will never act for a park owner where we are also representing the Association, as we take our responsibilities in representing our client’s interests very seriously and will fight to represent those that instruct us.